If you’re an UMMA patient living with a chronic disease or condition, we can help.
Learn how to live better with a chronic disease or illness by signing up for our 6-week chronic disease self-management program. There will be a two and a half hour class each week for six weeks led by two trained leaders.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments