UMMA is looking for a Bilingual Therapist to join the team. Please see below for information on the position.
To apply, please read the position specifications below, learn more about UMMA, then send your well-thought out cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will be taken down once the position has been filled.
THERAPIST (BILINGUAL-ENGLISH/SPANISH) JOB DESCRIPTION:
UMMA Community Clinic, an integrated clinic with both primary care and behavioral health services is seeking a Behavioral Health Clinician- LCSW who under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, and as a part of a multidisciplinary team the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will provide direct services including individual (including youth), couple, family and group therapeutic services to patients, including assessments, treatment plans and discharge planning.
- Addresses referrals from providers including referrals via warm hand-offs
- Participates in daily huddles to assess needs and coordinate services
- Provide ongoing consultation for primary care staff on mental health topics, substance abuse, wellness, recovery, and self-sufficiency.
- Provide comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders.
- Maintains weekly scheduled appointments in our electronic records systems
- Provide therapeutic services to patients and their families
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members including external partners
- Document findings in patient’s medical records according to established protocol.
- Completes required documentation and paperwork including biopsychosocial assessments and treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner
- Participate in our SBIRT program
- Adhere to clinical productivity standards
- Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to patients
- Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy of the agency
- Maintain a minimum case load of 25 patients
Other duties as assigned.
The incumbent in this position does not have supervisory responsibility. However, he or she may be expected to provide leadership and instruction to volunteers and/or less experienced staff.
All employees are expected to provide the very highest level of service to Clinic patients and their families. In addition, their work ethic is expected to reflect the Islamic values and moral principles that inspired its founders. These include the core values that are universally shared and revered by society at large:
The environment for this position is medical clinic that is clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. In addition, the incumbent may travel via personal vehicle or public transportation throughout the community.
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking and listening
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- May travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to other facilities throughout Los Angeles
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines. Additional requirements include: 1) knowledge of electronic medical records; 2) knowledge of community and community resources; 3) ability to pass background check; 4) valid California State Driver’s License; 5) TB Clearance; 6) flexibility to work overtime, holidays and weekends; 7) local travel required.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have/be:
- Bilingual capacity with ability to provide services in English and Spanish
- Working knowledge of Clinic policies and procedures
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) from the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Experience supervising unlicensed staff.
- Knowledge and experience with evidence-based practices, including trauma informed care framework.
- Knowledge and experience working with co-occurring populations (chronic health conditions, mental health and substance use) with emphasis on children and adolescents.
- Strong clerical/administrative skills including personal computer skills (Microsoft Office software).
- Ability to make routine decisions and determine proper action based on experience within the limits of policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated oral/written skills in Spanish and English.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and economic backgrounds a cultural competent and sensitive manner.
Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field from accredited university. LCSW in good standing in State of California with minimum two years post-licensure
EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE OPERATION
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone, fax
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine
- Personal automobile
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Explorer
Job Type: Full-time
- Los Angeles, CA 90003
- Master’s Social Work
Required license or certification:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Job Type: Full-time
- supervising unlicensed staff: 1 year (Required)
- Master’s (Required)
- LCSW (Required)
- CA Driver’s License (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- United States (Required)
We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you!