Operator / Appointment Setter
UMMA is looking for an Operator/Appointment setter to join our team. Please see below for information on the position.
To apply, please read the position specifications below, learn more about UMMA, and then send your well-thought out cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This posting will be taken down once the position has been filled.
OPERATOR/APPOINTMENT SETTER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Answering incoming telephones for UMMA clinic, scheduling and confirming appointments, rescheduling appointments when needed, having a basic understanding of insurance plans and taking very detailed messages for the physicians.
- Promoting a professional health care facility image by the efficient performance of a variety of business and clerical tasks designed to facilitate the smooth flow of patients, clients, and work throughout the organization
- Present, review, update, process patient registration forms according to guidelines.
- Complete funding program assessment and assign patients/clients to the correct program. Refers patients/clients to Medi-Cal representative as appropriate.
- Verify patient Medi-Cal or other payer eligibility.
- Facilitate completion of program assessment and history forms.
- Maintain complete packets for every funding program
- Maintain established office policies and procedures to follow HIPAA & OSHA guidelines
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and dispose of properly via appropriate transfer, taking a message, or follow-up and return calls
- Route all calls within, to and from the clinic
- Prints schedules a day ahead to confirm all appointments by telephone.
- Schedule appointments for all doctors, which includes scheduling any labs, support staff appointments and follow up appointments;
- May include opening or closing schedule changes as appropriate
- Monitoring all schedules for errors or overbooking
- Call or send letters to patients that have missed their appointment per protocol.
Training & Development
- Attend and participates in development programs.
- Participate in workshops and programs. Assists in the training of other employees as needed
- Maintain certification where applicable, and continue to improve skills.
- Cross train to other positions as directed
- Support the mission statement to develop, enhance, and promote quality customer service through team efforts.
- Exhibit flexibility, sensitivity, and respect, maintaining a working relationship with all team members.
- Act as patient relations representative by answering client/patient inquiries either in person or over the phone within the limits of his/her knowledge and clinics medical practice policies.
All employees are expected to provide the very highest level of service to Clinic patients and their families. In addition, their work ethic is expected to reflect the Islamic values and moral principles that inspired its founders. These include the core values that are universally shared and revered by society at large:
The environment for this position is medical clinic that is clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The employee may occasionally be exposed to emotionally upset patients/family members.
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend substantial time standing, sitting, speaking and listening
- Must regularly move/lift up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift/move up to 20 lbs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE OPERATION
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Multiple-line Telephone, fax
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- Patient medical records software (currently: eClinical Works)
- Microsoft Office/Excel
- Internet Explorer
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Exhibit professional demeanor at all times while representing the practice
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of standard medical records maintenance policies, practices and laws
- Basic knowledge of Clinic policies and procedures
- Strong clerical/administrative skills including use of personal computer, especially medical word processing and spreadsheets
- Able to handle multiple-phone line
- Ability to maintain absolute discretion over highly sensitive patient information.
- Very effective people skills including oral communication skills and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and economic backgrounds
- Detail and task-oriented
- Must work well with constant interruptions
- Bilingual in English/Spanish – both written and verbal
- Follow set routines and be alert to variations and make decisions accordingly
- Must maintain organized and accurate records
- Exercise team coordination skills and maintain cooperative relationships with staff members, patients and providers
- Typing speed of minimum 30 WPM
We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you!