Provider / Physician
UMMA is looking for an experienced physician or mid-level provider to join our team. Please see below for information on the position.
To apply, please read the position specifications below, learn more about UMMA, and then send your well-thought out cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This posting will be taken down once the position has been filled.
PROVIDER/PHYSICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION:
Provides primary care medical services to the patients of UMMA.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, to internal and external customers.
- Elicits and records patient’s medical history and social determinants of health.
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition.
- Orders and accurately interprets only necessary laboratory tests, pathology results, radiologist reports in the development and execution of a treatment plan for patients.
- Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies and analyses reports and findings of tests and examinations.
- Prescribes treatments and medication utilizing evidence-based medicine.
- Immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- May provide prenatal care to pregnant women and may provide postnatal care to mother and infant, if applicable.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- May perform minor surgery/procedures based on privileges granted.
- Ability to develop positive rapport with patients and families to foster the physician/patient relationship.
- Active participation in the Quality Improvement Program, Peer Review, Provider and clinical meetings, as well as UMMA’s Coverage and On-call schedule.
- Provide preventative health care services in accordance with HEDIS and other national evidence based standards.
- Able to complete patient charting in a timely fashion to support billing levels.
This position may have supervisory responsibility to mid-level providers, if the individual is a physician. He or she may be expected to provide leadership and instruction to volunteers, students and/or less experienced staff.
All employees are expected to provide the very highest level of service to Clinic patients and their families. In addition, their work ethic is expected to reflect the Islamic values and moral principles that inspired its founders. These include the core values that are universally shared and revered by society at large:
The environment for this position is medical clinic that is clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. In addition, the incumbent may travel via personal vehicle or public transportation throughout the community.
In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend substantial time walking, standing, sitting, speaking and listening
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- May travel via personal vehicle or public transportation to other facilities throughout Los Angeles
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE OPERATION
The incumbent in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cell phone, fax
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine
- Audio-visual equipment
- Personal automobile
Computer software may include any or all of the following:
- EMR: eClinical Works
- Microsoft Office
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- Experience and training as a physician or mid-level provider.
- Active CA license to practice medicine by the Medical Board of California.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records.
- Leadership and/or management skills preferred.
- Spanish Language preferred
- Education and training necessary to obtain a medical degree.
- Requires valid license to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in specialty preferred.
- Education, training and experience necessary to meet the underwritten requirements for inclusion under UMMA’s malpractice insurance coverage.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Base Salary: $160K-180K
Additional Benefits: Productivity and Quality Bonus, loan repayment site – national and state programs, $1,000 CME reimbursement and 5 days
We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you!